Facebook Messenger is the second most used instant messaging application worldwide, just behind Whatsapp. And this is not coincidence; it is due to its constant updates supported by the community, as evidenced by its latest change to delete messages already sent.
Users always end up using Facebook Messenger constantly because it is that the company always thinks of its users and all those changes that end up asking them in one way or another Facebook Messenger ends up pleasing them.
Incognito chatting is the desire of many but many times they do not know how to do it. And that is why today we will explain another of your interesting updates how to use the application without appearing available. This option is extremely simple but not everyone knows how to use it.
How to place status not available in Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger is a platform that allows us to interact with friends, coordinate events and even meet new people. That is why many times we want to appear available for others to connect with us. However, there are moments that we do not want to show ourselves available to anyone.
This is possible to do by means of your mobile phone, taking a few simple steps. Although in the same way you can do this on your PC if you open your profile from your computer. The steps that we explain today are so you can make the change from your mobile.
- The first thing you should do is access the Facebook Messenger application.
- Then you have to touch your profile picture that appears in the upper right corner.
- It will open a screen with several options to modify, under your profile picture it will show your status, press it and it will ask you if you really want to deactivate your status, accept and go.
How to appear as not also available on Facebook
Once you have done the previous steps, you can enter the Facebook Messenger application without anyone seeing you online. But there is a problem, if you enter the main Facebook application it will show you how connected. To prevent this from happening, you must do the following:
- Enter the Facebook mobile application.
- Enter the Menu through the button of the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down until you find Settings and privacy and click there.
- Then click on Settings.
- It will show you another screen, scroll to the privacy section.
- Press where it says Active status.
- Turn off the switch.
Ready, in this way you can surf Facebook or Facebook Messenger in a hidden way. The good thing is that even with your true status disabled, you can send messages to the people you want. The downside is that if nobody can see your status online, you cannot see your contacts either.
If you want to come back to see you again you must likewise remember the previous steps and deactivate the function. In the end it only depends on you how you want your contacts to see you, so you will know when you want to appear as connected or disconnected. Because at some point you will need the use of both functions and you already know how to do it.